Sunday 25 October 2009

Ohohoho... Another?

... hello, whats this?

Empire 10 was a secondary idea thought through after my original pitch for "Frayed Air". I really REALLY wanted to create a beautiful 2d world to show with the few minutes, this was going to be my only chance to show the worlds I love to create.

... it's annoying really; if this idea was creating throughout the summer; I might have had something great going on. The concept of the logo and the pictures below have been done really quickly; hench NOT showing the full potential of the world at hand.

The idea behind Empire 10 was a fantasy-dystopian world in which all the races have some form of evil or corruption; and none other are any greater or worst. What I hoped to show in the 2 minutes was a conflict between the dictatorship of Empire10 and the Revarin minions. It would show a precious artififact being discovered by Empire10; but at the same time invading Revarian soil; this would lead into a situation in which the Empire have to escape Revarin boundaries without damaging what they have claimed.

... yeah. Just like Frayed Air; it needed more time...

I felt like this had more of a completed event than Frayed Air; but again; far too complex for such a short project. Perhaps if the idea had come sooner; things may have been different. I don't even want to start with how the pitch went with this... lets just say I had a breakdown halfway through.

Oh well; again; for the future...

Enjoy the concepts!

Mining for the artifact; shows the Empire10 race.

Difference between Revarins and Empire10. Red and blue.



Empire10. I always loved the stickman structure of this race; though most of the time they would be behind the blue-armor. Inspired by English and Russian uniforms.

Revarins. Designed to be a hybrid of mythical demons of hell and beings of tentacles and vines. The variation of these guys are abundent.
One day...

No comments:

Post a Comment